Monday, September 23, 2013

Do Americans really support Obamacare?

Of you listen to MSNBC and the Democrats they repeat over and over that the majority of Americans support Obamacare.  If you watch Fox News and listen to Republicans they will tell you the exact opposite that a majority of the American public do not want anything to do with Obamacare.

So just who is telling the truth on this one?  There have been six Obamacare polls conducted of the American public over the last two weeks.  Suprisingly every single one of the six polls shows a majority of those asked saying they do not want Obamacare.




Rasmussen Poll says 53% against Obamacare 43% for
ABC-WAPO Poll says 52% against Obamacare 42% for
CNN Poll says 57% against Obamacare 39% for
Fox News Poll says 54% against Obamacare 39% for
NBC News Poll says 44% against  Obamacare 31% for
USA Today Poll says 53% against Obamacare 42% for

If you average the six polls you only get 39.3% of those polled who said they were in favor of Obamacare.  Interesting stuff for sure.  Anyone with a financial background will tell you it is obvious that Obamacare will not work.  The $$ numbers just don't add up at all.

Here are some of the latest projections from the non-partisan Congressional Budget Office.
--  7 million Americans will lose their employer based healthcare plans that they currently rely on

-- Democrats like to call Obamacare the Afforable Care Act yet on Wednesday the CBO estimated that healthcare costs will actually rise 6.1% due to its implementation

Here is my question and I would love some rational answers....not politically biased answers but real life answers.  For a 42 year old perfectly healthy man who does not smoke who purchases the silver Obamacare Plan.  My premiums will be approximately $4000 for the 2014 year.  Why should I buy this?  Under Obamacare I cannot be denied coverage.  My penalty for 2014 for being uninsured would be $95.  That would be a savings of ~$3900 to do without.  If anything happens I can just quickly sign up for the silver plan and I cannot be denied the matter what is wrong with me.  So my main question is why should I sign up when I can save the $3900 and only use it if I would need it?

No comments: